About Me

My photo
Lucky, blessed mom of four, wife of one. Its the best day ever!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

24 hour challenge

Steve is in Young Mens. He works with the priests. My dad is the YM president and my mom works with the mia maids. Starting yesterday at 7pm my parents had all of the youth over and their goal was to read the Book of Mormon in 24 hours. They finished today at 6pm! I am so proud of all of them for doing this. The leaders, teens, and our bishop got it done! Steve is snoring beside me now, but he was up all night. I hope all those kids got something out of this experience.

On a side note, around breakfast time a few of the kids jumped in the pool for a Polar Bear Challenge. Wes was so excited about this that I took him over and he jumped in too. I took pictures. Does that make me a bad mom? Letting my 6 year old swim in an outdoor pool that is not heated? hehe

I'll be sharing pics later of that!

3 comments:

Cory said...

that's a fun way to read the book of mormon. maybe i will need to do that one day!
i've been missing game night. we'll have to start again so you can see me! ha!

Bubbles said...

They actually finished the whole book? I can't believe it. We tried that years ago and only got to Mosiah. It was just too hard staying awake.

Deb said...

My daughter loved it and stayed awake the whole time. I thing it was a great idea. She went to bed directly after coming home though! Made it to church too!