About Me

My photo
Lucky, blessed mom of four, wife of one. Its the best day ever!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer Scrapfest

This summer I've been getting alot of pages done thanks to Summer Scrapfest at Scrapbook Deals 4 U. Each week we were challenged by a different Design Team Member to complete assignments that earned us a certain amount of points. A new layout challenge was posted each Monday, and a few mini-challenges for extra bonus points were posted the rest of the week. Each time we completed a challenge correctly in the amount of time specified, we were awarded the number of points for that challenge. At the end of that week, a poll was posted with all the week's entries. We then voted for our favorites, and the week's winner received bonus points. We have come to the end of the six weeks. SO here are my pages and challenges.

Week 1: create a layout centering around the theme “Then and Now”, compare or contrast someone/something as it was back in the day versus now, use good journaling


make a card, it must include a TRANSPARENT item of some sort


Week 2: complete a layout using NO PATTERN PAPER OR EMBELLISHMENTS


scraplift a layout from the gallery, This is Kristi's that I lifted: here


This challenge is about using a negative space chipboard piece....it could be an alpha or anything else and you can use it on a layout or a card...


Week 3: create a LO using the words "I BELIEVE " in your title!!!


create a card using the sketch given here


Week 4: find a song that the lyrics inspire you and run with it. You may use the the song as your title or not, but I really want you to use the lyrics on your page. You can use all or parts of the lyrics on your layout whatever tells YOUR story the best


make a Christmas Card using this awesome Pagemaps sketch



Week 5: challenge this week is to design a layout that is any shape but square (or rectangle). It can be any size, any color, any subject...


create a card or layout using a color scheme of black, white, and a single color of your choice. Include a stamped image (either foam, rubber or acrylic), and at least one button


Week 6: take at least 10 pictures of yourself in different poses. In your layout you can arrange them any way you want. You must also "name" your poses. For example... happy, sad, silly, "stink eye", flirty, disgusted, empathetic, bemused, surprised, and wistful. You can choose whatever types of poses you want, but they must be headshots. (Kylie was my photographer)


Create a layout about 10 Things That Make You Happy. you can use pictures, journaling strips, objects....etc...


This has been alot of work, but alot of fun too. They say they have another fun thing planned for August. Can't wait to see what hey have up their sleeve!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Great pages!!!! I love them!! You are soooo good...ok...help me now!! :-)

brattt said...

Wow jenni! Those are all really good! This is regular scrapbooking I assume...not digital? I tried the digital stuff and wow that was confusing! Great job!

Deb said...

I soooo enjoyed all of your pages! They all look great! Is it a class you take online?

Angela said...

Can I just say that I really wish I lived by you. We could scrapbook together. And when I saw your page of things that made you happy, I just knew we were destined to be BFF. So here's me toasting to you a big cup filled from "our" gas station with diet Dr. Pepper.