About Me

My photo
Lucky, blessed mom of four, wife of one. Its the best day ever!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ouchie!!!!



Sunday night we were all outside watching the kids swing and have fun with eachother. Unexpectedly, Wes fell. I knew he was hurt when he went inside and laid on the couch. He didn't want anyone around him, his elbow was hot, and I could almost see it getting puffier as I watched it.

We took him in to the Fallon hospital and the Xray showed that he broke his humerous near his elbow and growth plate. The Fallon ortho dr wouldn't take his case so we drove in to Reno at 10 pm as a transfer case. We got there at 11. Then we saw the ER dr. He sent us up to the OR and the orthopedist said Wes needed surgery. At 1:30 am he was wheeled in for a closed reduction and casting. I was back with him by 3 am. We were in our room by 4 and sleeping shortly after that.

We spent the night there and were released at 1 pm. It was a long night!












Wes has been a real trooper though. He has taken hardly any pain meds. He watched them try to get the IV in without crying, and he is even being so good about not being able to swim.

6 comments:

Jackson 3 said...

Oh my gosh!!!! surgery!?? Poor Weston! That's not fun in the middle of summer. I remember that feeling...once upon a time..How long does he need to wear a cast for?? I can't believe how well he's handled it, although that does sound like Weston. I can't believe he just went and laid on the couch...

My name is Ann said...

Poor Weston!! At least you had a video game at the hospital, that's pretty cool. What a brave boy he must have been. I love the picture of him with Wade, what a sweet brother.

I have to say Deon loved that you added the video!

Love ya Weston!!

Deb said...

Ouchie seemed very appropriate!What a trooper indeed! Glad you are back. You will have to tell me all about your trip it soon!

Tena said...

Oh my word!!!
My heart stopped when I saw that video. wow it happened so fast! I am so sorry to hear he had to have surgery, what a stud muffin, taking it all like a champ!
{{{{{ WES }}}}

The Stockards said...

Weston, it makes me hurt to see it all again! Hope you're getting better and feeling good!

Kristi B. said...

OMG! Poor little guy! I hope he recovers quickly. Probably not the layout you were looking for though huh? When my son gets hurt, he tries to hide it too. :o(