About Me

My photo
Lucky, blessed mom of four, wife of one. Its the best day ever!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shots

I hate having to vaccinate my kids. Yeah, I know technically I don't have to, I could refuse them all together. But we do vaccinate. Just on a delayed schedule. Its what works for our family.

Wade (at almost 11 months) just got his second round of shots today. See, we really do delay for quit awhile. We delay vaccines for a few reasons. One of them is that our insurance doesn't pay and we have to go to the free clinic. Its a hike and a half to get there and its always really crowded. Steve took Wade today though. Poor baby has been so cranky when he is awake. He is napping now though and its going on 4 hours. I better wake him or we will be up all night.

I'm just afraid to wake him. I don't want to hear him crying anymore today than he already did at lunch. Poor baby boy!

1 comment:

simon and amy said...

I'm with you on doing what works with the vaccinations. I've been doing shots differently with our new baby Libby too. I split them up so she doesn't get like 8 at a time anymore like she did at 2 months. It was crazy how many things they gave her all at once.